Hello lovelies – welcome to my first montly wrap up & favourites!
In my welcome back post at the beginning of the month, I mentioned a bunch of things that I was adding to my blog – if you’d like to read that and catch up with some of the changes, you can find that here: What To Expect. These monthly posts will focus on what books I’ve read this month, and what I’m currently reading. I’m reading at a much faster pace than I was last year – in fact, I’ve already reached and surpassed the total amount of books I read in 2014.
Here are the books I completed in July:
Remix by Non Pratt
Down the Rabbit Hole: Curious Adventures and Cautionary Tales of a former Playboy Bunny by Holly Madison
Never, Always, Sometimes by Adi Alsaid
Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone
Don’t Even Think About It by Sarah Mlynowski
Here Lies Bridget by Paige Harbison
Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin
Something Blue by Emily Giffin
More Weird Things Customers Say In Bookshops by Jen Campbell
The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger
All My Friends Are Superheroes by Andrew Kaufman
Am I Normal Yet? by Holly Bourne
I’ve had a fantastic reading month! I’m really happy with the amount I’ve read, and I’m happy to say that I’m ahead with Goodreads challenge. In fact, I’ve now completed 44 books this year and I’m 16 books ahead – which is insane, because it’s only the end of July! Very pleased indeed.
I’m currently reading:
As it stands I’m not currently reading anything. I’m struggling to choose between these two books:
Amy & Rogers Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
Amy & Matthew by Cammie McGovern
By the time you read this I will have chosen, and you can which I’m reading via Twitter or Instagram.
Favourites things from this month:
– Finally organising and finishing the spare bedroom! This has been a long time coming, but I now have a fully functional room. In this room you’ll find an older bookcase filled with DVDs, my vanity table – and the new furniture. 2 x ikea kallax shelves, and a new desk & chair. I love having a space to blog, and a little place in the house to go and focus on my hobby.
– My new office space has certainly helped, because one thing I’m loving is being ahead with my blog for a change! I’ve got some blog posts scheduled in September – isn’t that insane? This is perfect for me, because it means I won’t need to take blog breaks to catch up with myself, and I’ll never miss a day.
– Dobby turned 1 years old this month! My little cheeky kitten is all grown up. He’s an absolute joy to look after, and I don’t know what I’d do without him.
– I booked a holiday! I love having events to look forward to, and I’m in desperate need of a good holiday. Stewart and I will be returning to the Lake District in August, accompanied by my mum and dad. We cannot wait!
– Catching up with friends. I work so much that sometimes I forget I have a life outside of my job, and this month I’ve really enjoyed catching up with Laura and Abbey. They’re both a lot of fun to be around, and we always have a good laugh. I’m thankful to have them in my life.
I hope you enjoyed my first favourites and wrap up post. Make sure to look out for the one in August too. Let me know in the comments what books you’ve read this month, and what you’ve been loving!