Hi lovelies, today’s Halloween inspired post is a recipe for some Halloween cupcakes.
I decided I’d like to find a fun activity to do to celebrate Halloween. Plus, I thought they’d be a fun thing to do with my best friend, Laura. This would also make a fantastic activity to do with children, who may like to decorate all the cakes. Plus they would be a perfect addition at a Halloween party! Hope you have as much fun making your cupcakes as we did.
What you need:
110g/4oz butter or margarine, softened at room temperature
110g/4oz caster sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
110g/4oz self-raising flour
1-2 tbsp milk
Halloween pre-made icing & decorations
I bought all of my ingredients from Aldi, including the cake icing and decorations. Make sure you pop into your local one soon as the stock is in the limited special buys. They also have a bunch of affordable Halloween decor, and costumes etc.
How to make the cupcakes:
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale.
- Beat in the eggs a little at a time and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour using a large metal spoon, adding a little milk until the mixture is of a dropping consistency.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until they are half full.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden-brown on top and a skewer inserted into one of the cakes comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
Once cooled, decorate to your hearts content!
If you decide to make some Halloween themed treats, make sure you send me a picture!