The Liebster Award!
This is rather exciting, I was nominated by the lovely ladies at OnceUponABookBlog. Thank you so much for the nomination, I really appreciate it! Please check out their blog and send them some love. After looking online I saw that the Liebster Award is awarded to bloggers from other bloggers, and is a way of supporting other blogs that you love. There are many different sets of rules, and all of them encourage passing the award on to other blogs.
Now, to follow the rules of the Liebster Award…
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the eleven questions he/she asks.
3. Nominate eleven bloggers.
4. Ask these eleven bloggers eleven questions.
5. Let these eleven bloggers know that they have been nominated.
Okay, I’ve done part 1 so onto part 2 – the eleven questions.
1. What did you read last, what are you reading now and what are you reading next?
I last read Trouble by Non Pratt, which I absolutely adored. I’m currently reading The Perks Of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, which I was hoping to finish a few days ago but, alas, life keeps getting in the way. I intend on reading Fall From India Place by Samantha Young next as I’m participating in the blog tour.
2. If you could be any book character, who would you be?
There are so many great characters so this is a tough question. My natural instinct is to say any character in Ravenclaw from the Harry Potter series, purely because I’d love to live in their world. Failing that, I’d be Anastasia Steele from the Fifty Shades of Grey series, and before you think it’s not for that reason. I’d be that character so I could make sure she gets a grip and tells Christian Grey to get lost!
3. Which book caused your last intense book hangover?
Two books I’ve read this year spring to mind, the first being The Book Thief by Markus Zusak as it is a heavy, emotional read. The other being One Day by David Nicholls because I loved everything about it. It made me laugh, and bawl like a baby, and I didn’t want to leave the characters behind.
4. What do you love most AND least about blogging?
I love the community the most, and being able to discuss what I’m passionate about with others that share the same interests. I think the only thing I don’t like about blogging is that I haven’t always got enough time to do it. I can stress a little about making sure things are scheduled because I work so much. Then I worry about keeping on top of it all.
5. Favorite dessert?
My favourite desert has got to be chocolate fudge cake. If I’ve ever gone out for a meal, I will order this!
6. What’s your biggest guilty pleasure?
Good question, I think my biggest guilty pleasure is watching (what my boyfriend calls…) really ‘terrible’ TV programmes. I enjoy them so all is well.
7. Favorite time of day?
I’ll be honest, I’m definitely not a morning person. I’d say early afternoon or early evening. I could potentially work at any time of day but I’d probably say evening if I did a ‘normal’ 9-5 job.
8. What was your favorite book from childhood?
I’ve mentioned this book so many times you’re probably sick of hearing about it bu my favourite childhood book is The Magic Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton. Couldn’t get enough of this book when I was younger.
9. Biggest phobia?
Spiders. There aren’t enough words to describe how much I hate them.
10. Best book boyfriend?
I quite fancy a bit of Four from the Divergent series. I like that he’s got a mind of his own, and the actor that plays him his quite good looking.
11. City or Country?
Well, I live in the country in a small village at the moment, and I love it. I can’t imagine living in a city. I think I’d miss the peace and quiet.
Okay, so that is all of the questions.
Here are the eleven people I nominate for this award.
1. Emma Louise from EmmaLouBookBlog (@EmmaIsWriting)
2. Abbey from MissBookWormReviews (@AbbeyLouise20)
3. Shaun from BookAddictShaun (@bookaddictshaun)
4. Becci from OnlyBecciBlog (@OnlyBecciBlog)
5. Sophie from ReviewedTheBook (@reviewedthebook)
6. Vick from APaperTown (@apaper_town)
7. Beth from BethTinkerbell (@bethtinkbell)
8. Aimee from JustAimeeee (@justxAimee)
9. Rosie from RosieReadsRomance (@RReadsRomance)
10. Jo from CometBabesBooks (@cometbabe)
11. Maryline from MssBookShelf (@ MarylineVP)
Here are my nominee’s questions.
1. What’s the last book you read, and what book are you currently reading?
2. How do you organise your TBR pile?
3. What is your favourite genre, and why?
4. Do you like watching film adaptations of books?
5. If you could live as your favourite character for a day, what would you do?
6. Have you met any authors? If not, who would you like to meet?
7. Paperback or Kindle?
8. What is the longest book you’ve read?
9. What is your favourite book series?
10. If you opened a book shop, what would you name it?
11. You’re stuck on an island, and can only have one book to read. What book would you choose?
Really thankful to have been nominated to the Liebster Award, it’s a great way to find new bloggers!